Bikini Bottom is the Result of Nuclear TestingEditIts well known that Bikini Bottom is Bikini Atoll, an island in the Pacific Ocean where twenty-three nuclear devices were detonated a part of a series of nuclear weapon tests conducted by the United States. Radiation from nuclear bombs is known to cause genetic mutations. This theory states that the whole cast of Spongebob are the results of the mutation; it gave the animals intelligence and sentience, equal to that of human value, and human characteristics.
The Mental Disorders TheoryEdit
This theory states that SpongeBob and his friend are based off mental disorders. They are:
- SpongeBob: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or Autism Spectrum Disorder (Obviously)
- Patrick: Bulimia Nervosa (Obviously)
- Squidward: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Sandy: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Mr Krabs: Impulsive with Obsessive Fixations
- Plankton: Depression (Obviously)
- Gary: Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Donut of Shame/The Secret Box Connection Edit
Patrick's birthday is near Christmas. SpongeBob set up a tea party for Patrick. When Patrick was at his birthday party, SpongeBob invited tons of friends until SpongeBob brought out a bottle of beer. Patrick and all the other guests chanted at SpongeBob to drink the entire beer bottle. SpongeBob started to feel dizzy. He danced on his table and prankcalled everyone else he knew. Patrick, unaware that his best friend was drunk, decided to take a photo of this moment. SpongeBob felt so dizzy that he said "A donut this nice could really make a guy happy!" before passing out. Patrick ordered another bottle of beer and drank the entire bottle just like his best friend and passed out on SpongeBob's kitchen ceiling. Two weeks later, Patrick put the photo of SpongeBob in a box he calls "The Secret Box"
The Seven Deadly Sins TheoryEdit
It is believed that each of the main characters of SpongeBob SquarePants were based around the "Seven Deadly Sins". They are:
- SpongeBob: Lust
- Patrick: Sloth
- Squidward: Wrath
- Mr. Krabs: Greed
- Plankton: Envy
- Sandy Cheeks: Pride
- Gary: Gluttony
SpongeBob Suicide Theory Edit
In the episode "SpongeHenge" SpongeBob loses his best friend and loses the Krusty Krab in a windstorm. Spongebob has a hard decision to make; Either commit suicide or try to go back to Bikini Bottom. The answer is suicide. So Spongebob goes to the Island seen in "Pressure" and dies of suffocation. Spongebob suddenly wakes up; in heaven. He asks King Neptune if he could have his own personal heaven so he could play. Neptune says 'yes'. So the episodes that follow "SpongeHenge" are actually just Spongebob playing in his personal version of heaven.
The Security Footage Theory Edit
In the double episode Truth or Square, SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr Krabs walk into a room showing cameras of each of the main characters' houses. Mr Krabs puts the footage of the characters together to create one of the episodes. He also makes things up. Here are some examples:
1. Neptune and his family don't exist. This is just what Mr Krabs thinks Neptune looks like
2.The constant destruction in Bikini Bottom is just exaggerated items falling off shelves or fragile jars dropping or broken items
So Mr Krabs is a video editor on things that don't exist.
The Drug TheoryEdit
This theory states that the five main characters of the show are each drug addicts, each addicted to a different drug. These are:
- Spongebob: Shrooms. Spongebob has a wild imagination, similar to the mindset of someone tripping on shrooms. He can go from extreme happiness (good trip) to complete despair and fear (bad trip). He is also usually very happy as shrooms create euphoria.
- Patrick: Marijuana. Patrick is usually always laid-back, relaxed, and has a relatively positive outlook on life, shown in the episode Spongebob Gets Fired. He also eats a lot, as marijuana users experience a phenomenon known as 'the munchies' after smoking marijuana.
- Squidward: Heroin. According to this site, heroin abusers have many behavioral tendencies matching Squidward's personal traits. These include lying or other deceptive behavior, bad performance in jobs and avoided eye contact. Also he is constantly moody and upset.
- Mr. Krabs: Cocaine. According to the same site listed above, cocaine users can be irritable and paranoid, like Mr. Krabs. For the paranoid trait, this can be observed in A New Leaf, an episode where Plankton stops trying to steal his recipe. He is also very intense.
- Plankton: Meth. It can be observed that Plankton can have wild emotional changes, and is very energetic, like a meth addict. He also has a lab to prepare it.
- Larry the Lobster: Steroids. Larry is beyond obsessed with working out and highly prides himself. He has been seen with a bad cough and lots of sweat as these are side effects.